HOW TO GO NUTS HAVING FUN
The SAGA Of TED'S RV
MAX, Marlene's replacement after the trip from hell.
For those of you who know me, if you haven't seen it by now, being an old computer programmer, I love to write.
As a young math and science student, I absolutely hated English and writing. Fiction and poetry were simply
not my thing. But as I grew into the computer profession, I came to immerse myself in writing computer programs
and ultimately documentation. And as the years passed, I came to find that writing was in fact very theraputic.
It gave the ability to externalize what would otherwise become repressed, and thereby enabled an ability to analyze
and come to terms with whatever the problem might be. At the same time it provided an emotional release.
Since retiring from the computer profession, I continued to throw myself into developing my web site, where
I went into documenting years of playing bridge, as well as posting the solidification of some long time
thinking. And more recently (as many of you are now aware) I bombarded you with a barrage of emails
arising from news articles or passed onto me by others. But having recognized the errors of my ways, I
have placed myself in "news junkie rehab" and diminished my appetitite for such useless activity,
albeit I still watch the economy.
Yet at the same time, I am still driven to write. And so I look to this new outlet on my website to write
about and document something that is more on the lighter side. It is a topic which absolutely outrages
and frustrates me as much as the news, but I have to say it is in fact really funny. It is about something
on which I have spent a ton of money, cursed, blessed, and sometimes wanted to drive over a cliff.
I am referring to what is called MY RV, otherwise erroneously known as a "recreation" vehicle.
Where they ever determined it was "recreation" is beyond me. I've done nothing but work my butt off
on it for ten years. And, in my case, it has been the most abusive piece of property I've ever owned.
It is said that adversity strengthens character. Well I must be a firm believer in that adage, because
I continue to go back for more over and over again like some battered house wife.
Truly I must be sick in the head..... BUT IN THE END I HAVE TO LAUGH.
Hopefully, this will be an enjoyable story to which I will add chapters accessible from this link as time goes on,
and especially when I feel the need to send an aggravating hot issue email. The story will not only go into the
trips I have taken, but will get into the details of every little thing I had to do make this albatros fly, including
the over-and-over-again house and engine work. The first chapter is already started and appropriately
entitled THE TRIP FROM HELL. So enjoy (if you are so disposed) and follow as the story develops.
3. The List & The Beginning Of Pain under construction
4. Home Again, Home Again Jiggity Jig under construction
5. All Quiet On The Interior - Uh Mostly under construction
6. Is There A Mechanic In The House? under construction
7. Up On The Roof under construction
8. Not All Is What It Seams. And Dont Rain On My Windshield Or Rear under construction
9. The Endless Hunt For Exterior Paint under construction
10. Of Naked Hubs, Rusty Bumpers & Guady Hardware under construction
11. The Electric Maze under construction
12. Riding On An NG Bomb under construction
13. A Complete Shock - To Brake Or Not To Brake under construction
14. The Power Of Pumps under construction
15. I Want My MPG under construction
16. And What About That House Generator? under construction
17. A New Engine For Bonzo under construction
18. Repeat - Is There A Mechanic In The House? under construction